There are a number of excellent resources available online including:
- The Oregon Commission for the Blind strives to achieve full inclusion of visually impaired people in society.
- EyeCare America is a public service program of the Foundation of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. Their mission is to preserve sight by raising awareness about eye disease.
- The mission of The American Academy of Ophthalmology is to advance the lifelong learning and professional interests of ophthalmologists (Eye M.D.s) to ensure that the public can obtain the best possible eye care.
- The American Diabetes Association is the nation's leading nonprofit health organization providing diabetes research, information and advocacy.
- The mission of The Foundation Fighting Blindness is to find the causes, treatments, preventions, and cures for retinitis pigmentosa (RP), macular degeneration, Usher syndrome and the entire spectrum of retinal degenerative diseases.